Upcoming Events and Seminars
May 23, 2015
(Completed) School of International Health will hold an information session of the entrance examination.
Date and time: May 23, 2015 (Saturday)
Venue: Hall (1st floor), Faculty of Medicine Bldg. No. 1 (see No.43 of the map)
January 27, 2015
(Completed) Special Lecture “Community Health in Ghana: from Research to Policy”
Department of Community and Global Health will invite two guest speakers from the Ministry of Health in Ghana, and organize special lectures on 27th January, 2015. In this lecture, they will introduce successful experiences in integrating research findings into the national policy in Ghana, such as the Community-based Health Planning and Service System. As one of the on-going research projects, we will also present the mid-term outcome of the collaborative research project by our department, Ghana Health Service (GHS), and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), “The Ghana EMBRACE Implementation Research Project*.”
- Dr. Gloria Quansah-Asare, Deputy Director, Ghana Health Service (GHS)
- Dr. Evelyn Ansah, Deputy Director, Research and Development Division, GHS
Time and venue
- Time and Date: 14:00 - 15:00, January 27, 2015
- Venue: Gallery Room 1 (1st basement), ITO International Research Center
- For registration, please email your name, affiliation, and email address to our department [email@example.com] by January 8 (Thurday). Capacity of 50 seats
- * The Ghana EMBRACE Implementation Research Project is aimed at improving maternal, newborn, and child health by promoting continuum of care. To achieve this goal, we have already developed an intervention package. Then, we have been implementing the intervention project, since October 2014, for about 15,000 pregnant/postnatal women in three sites across Ghana.
January 25, 2015
(Completed) Professor Masamine Jimba will make a presentation on lessons learned from adovocacy efforts on HIV/AIDS during the seminar organized by Japanese Society of Health Education and Promotion.
- (This seminar is offered in Japanese.)
- Date and Time: 13:00 - 16:30, January 25, 2015 (Sun)
- Venue: Komagome Campus, Kagawa Education Institute of Nutrition
- For detail, see the website of Japanese Society of Health Education and Promotion (in Japanese).
Wednesday Seminar (for internal audience)
Academic year 2016-17
April 22, 2015
スローリサーチと関連手法（slow research, slow food, positive deviance, evidence-based public health）
Slow Resaerch and related methods （slow research, slow food, positive deviance, evidence-based public health）
Presentation by Ms. Jin Han (Research School of Population Health, Australian National University)